Current job openings at Loop Capital
Analyst, Public Finance Investment Banking
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The objective of this position is to provide support to senior bankers and associates on all aspects of business development and deal acquisition. This includes, but is not limited to, ongoing client coverage, relationship management, deal management and execution and revenue generation. As public finance professionals, we assist state and local governments access the capital markets through the sale of tax-exempt and taxable securities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Update, create and review debt profiles for target clients.
- Prepare client memos and presentation materials.
- Run new money and refunding numbers, as needed.
- Act as project manager for request for proposals by:
- Prepare non‐finance plan responses
- Coordinate with other departments to get necessary information
- Draft finance plan for RFPs
- Provide analytical support on all senior managed and co‐managed financings, including:
- Read and provide comments to documents
- Draft rating agency/investor presentations, as required,
- Coordinate and interact with the underwriting desk
- Communicate with other members of the financing team
- Assist with due diligence and compliance
- Facilitate, attend, and participate in meetings and conference calls.
- Complete and distribute internal deal related forms (i.e. sales memo, profit & loss statements).
- Maintain client files.
- Alert team to financing opportunities and take action as appropriate.
- Keep banking team aware of relevant news regarding ongoing client coverage and relationship management.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or coursework in Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Engineering or any science is preferred.
- Previous work experience within the investment banking industry in Public Finance is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a team-based environment is preferred.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), research databases and financial modeling software is desired.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and active listening).
- Detail-oriented and results driven.
- Ability and willingness to think through problems.
- Excellent quantitative, qualitative and research skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated and confident; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients.
- Series 7(grandfathered) or 52 and 63 licenses are required within 90 days employment; and 79 within 9 months of employment.