Current job openings at Loop Capital
Vice President - Investment Banking Division - Public Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The objective of this position is to support senior bankers on all aspects of business development, deal execution and management to generate revenue as well as train/manage analysts, associates and interns. Working with senior bankers, Vice Presidents develop financing ideas, market the firm’s services with new and existing clients (relationship management/client coverage), present ideas to clients, create presentations and plans of finance and credit responses for request for proposals (RFPs), review RFPs, drive the deal execution process with junior team members and internal divisions while ensuring regulatory and compliance duties are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support senior bankers on business development activities and deal execution; generating and evaluating financial ideas and options for clients and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Execute financings; run and review numbers (new money, refunding, restructuring analysis with DBC and Excel) and review debt profiles; coordinating with internal and external parties.
- Guidance to junior staff and review of client presentations, analysis and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) for senior bankers.
- Coordinate with internal divisions to maximize the firm’s resources in support of client efforts.
- Participate in client conference calls and meetings.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree and six to eight years of investment banking experience in public finance is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas: firm’s products and services, financial markets, interest rate movements, economic indicators, municipal bonds and deal timelines and processes.
- Previous municipal finance experience in the following areas: developing financial models to structure bond transactions, performing new money and refunding analyses using DBC including variable and fixed rate bonds, current interest bonds, capital appreciation bonds and general obligation and revenue credits, participating in the execution of senior managed deals including the coordination of all financing team members, due diligence activities, analyzing and structuring debt, analyzing financial legal documentation, presenting financing and credit analysis plans to clients, creating investor presentations and coordinating investor tours.
- Previous experience as a municipal issuer, financial advisor or underwriter may be helpful.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and active listening).
- Strong quantitative, qualitative and research skills.
- Solid client service and relationship building skills.
- Ethical; having integrity.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and confident; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Detail- and results-oriented, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Project management skills; adaptive and flexible to the complexities of projects and their deliverables.
- Team player; capacity to collaborate and mentor and/or train junior team members.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients, including senior management.
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Bloomberg, Ipreo, Municipal Market Data (MMD) and an orientation to research databases (SDC) and financial modeling software (DBC and TM3).
- Series 7(grandfathered) or 52 and 63 licenses are required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.